Sunday, February 8, 2009

Delectable and glorious hair care products...

I have had long, straight hair for the majority of my 33 years on this planet, and this lack of a 'hairstyle,' per se, yielded in my mind the thought that I need not worry about the quality of haircare products. I was a 'Suave Honeysuckle Essence Shampoo' girl as a teen and a 'whatever-is-on-cheap-or-on-sale-shampoo' woman up until about four years ago. On my 30th birthday, I decided to celebrate the occasion by visiting a posh salon and changing up my do a bit with some layering and bangs. The hairstylist in charge informed me that my hair was very stripped, dry, and split, likely due to my use of cheap product for so many years. She suggested that I should buy some of the Tigi line of products being used and offered for sale at their salon and available at many departments and grocery stores. Being intensely skeptical, I decided I would wait until the outcome of my appointment to see how my hair felt and moved before succumbing to her up selling. Upon being spun around to view the 'new me,' I was instantly sold on Tigi products: my hair smelled delicious; had body, bounce, and shine; and looked healthy - all without feeling like there was a single haircare product on my superbly styled locks! Ever since this day, I have willingly and happily put forth the extra money for four Tigi products that I cannot live without:

1) Tigi Bedhead Brunette Goddess Shampoo/Conditioner - Warning: this shampoo and conditioner will give you intense cravings for cake and candy due to its AMAZINGLY delicious, and intensely fragrant, almond scent!!! This fantastic shampoo also leaves hair smooth and shiny and has sunflower extracts to protect against UV rays. Also, even after using Brunette Goddess Shampoo for almost two years, I have never experienced any build-up or dulling effects that one gets after repeated usage of other shampoos and conditioners. Importantly, though, I do not use the Brunette Goddess Conditioner every time I wash my hair, as I prefer to change up what I use as a conditioning agent with the following two Tigi products


2) Tigi Catwalk Fashionista Smooth & Sine, Heat and Iron Safe - This product leaves your hair brilliantly shiny, all whilst creating a protective barrier against blow drying, ironing, and UV rays. Smooth & Shine can be used in wet or dry hair - I apply it in my just-washed hair and use it as a leave-in conditioner. As per usual with Tigi products, Smooth & Shine smells fantastic, almost like grape bubble gum.







3) Tigi Bedhead Ego Boost Split End Mender & Leave-in Conditioner - Amazingly effective product which leaves hair shiny, strong, and elastic. I apply it either all over my just-washed hair if I haven't conditioned with either of the two previously mentioned Tigi products, or simply on damp ends and split-prone regions to make hair look healthy and smooth. Product is silky, fragrant, and lightweight and a little goes a very long way to condition even the thickest and longest of manes.






4) Tigi Bedhead Health Goddess - This is my absolute FAVORITE Tigi product! Its tagline is that it is 'A Vitamin Booster that Detangles & Rehydrates.' I use it every morning to aid in the brushing of my oft-tangled long hair and to add shine and fragrance to my locks, and I use it on top of my just-washed, conditioned, hair to help ameliorate the combing out of my wet hair. Heath Goddess it a truly wondrous product that sprays onto hair in a beautifully-scented, light mist. Apparently, Tigi is discontinuing this product, as it is not listed on their website; however, it is still available at many sites on the Internet and I have been buying it for over a year at my local grocery store. This is distressing news, so I would advise stocking up!

For healthy, shiny, and scrumptious-smelling hair, I highly suggest adding one of Tigi's many high-quality products to your bower!