Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Get to know this magical doctor...

I of the overly sensitive, intensely itchy, easily blistered, and slow-to-heal skin (especially that of my legs) have searched the entirety of my life for a product that would save me from the customary irritation and clogged pores imparted upon my fragile dermis by the majority of major-label cleansers and soaps. I had been aware of Dr. Bronner's Magic "All-One!" soaps, having worked at both Whole Foods and Central Market in Austin, Texas, where I very frequently saw customers purchasing said product. However, for no particular reason, I had simply never bothered to give them a try. About a month ago I experienced a particularly uncomfortable outbreak of shaving rash and, once again, decided to peruse the local grocery store for a new cleanser. I strolled into the 'Healthy Living' section of the store and a light bulb went off in my mind: 'Why don't I try an all-natural product? Perhaps it's all the additives in major-label cleansers which are ameliorating my skin irritation?' So, I picked up a bottle of 'Dr. Bronner's Magic 'All-One!' Pure Castile Tea Tree Liquid Soap,' having previous knowledge of the antiseptic properties of tea tree oil. I must say that, after several weeks of use, I have noticed a TREMENDOUS reduction in both the irritation of my skin and the healing time of nicks, cuts, and scrapes! I am completely sold on Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Soaps, not only for the fact that my skin has never been so happy, but also for the following reasons:

1) All Dr. Bronner's products contain ingredients that are certified organic under the USDA National Organic Program
2) The Dr. Bronner's company is certified Fair Trade by the Swiss IMO for both its employees and for the farmers and workers that produce the raw materials for their products
3) The Dr. Bronner's company does not test its products on animals and ensures that none of the product ingredients are tested on animals, earning the rabbit and stars logo of the Coalition for Consumer information on Cosmetics (CCIC)
4) Dr. Bronner's packaging and labelling are made from 100% post-consumer plastic and paper 5) All Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Soaps are multi-purpose and claim "18-in-1" uses! You can use them on your body, your teeth, your hair, your pets, your dishes, your laundry, etc.

For an ecologically-friendly, environmentally-conscious, and healthy you, I recommend bringing one of the Dr. Bronner's Magic 'All-One!' products into your bower!